On-the-Go stores will extend the brand and be located on TotalEnergies service station forecourts to cater to motorists and busy consumers.
Malawi marketers gather to discuss strategies for creating excellence
By our News Team | 2022
Lineup of local and international speakers will address delegates on the theme ‘From Surviving to Thriving: Scaling Towards Excellence’.
The annual conference of the Institute of Marketing in Malawi gets underway on Wednesday (26 October) at the Sunbird Livingstonia Beach hotel on the Salima shores of Lake Malawi. It continues until 29 October.
The event follows on the heels of the African Marketing Confederation’s Inaugural Marketing Conference 2022, which concluded on 22 October at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Malawi’s marketing body is a member of the AMC.
Image by Florian Pircher from Pixabay
‘From Surviving to Thriving: Scaling Towards Excellence’ is the theme of this year’s Malawi conference. A strong lineup of local and international speakers will address delegates, and the conference includes the Madolo 2022 Marketing Excellence Awards.
In the star-studded speaker lineup:
- Edith Jaya, Group CEO of Old Mutual in Malawi. She will speak on ‘Building a Financially Secure Future’.
- Helen McIntee, co-founder and President of the African Marketing Confederation, on the topic ‘The Marketing Agenda in Africa: Effective Marketing for Continental Transformation’.
- Levie Nkunika, Head of Marketing and Communication at FDH Financial Holdings Limited. He will address delegates on ‘Excelling Through Responsible Leadership’.
- Lekani Katandula, Managing Director of Illovo Malawi Plc. His topic is ‘Crunching the Numbers: The Role of Marketing in Building Financially Viable Enterprises’.
- Dumisani Lingani Ncube, Radical Entrepreneur at DNL Empire, on the subject ‘Thriving Beyond Your Imagination; A Personal Account’.
- Gertrude Mateyo, CEO of Precious Medical Insurance. She will speak on ‘The Productivity Box: Mental Health and Work Success’.
- Paul Bailey, Director of Strategy at Halo. He will address delegates on ‘Commercial Creativity: Much More Than Advertising’.
- Ndela Sichizya, Marketing and Communications Manager for Absa Bank Zambia Plc. His topic is ‘Creating Effective Brand Strategies that Enhance Customer Value’.
The hosts for the conference are Hillary Ngwira and Stella Gadi, while the Marketing Excellence Awards hosts are Alfred Kanjere and Chawa Mphande.
The social media platform’s ad revenue is up 25.8% year-on-year and is forecast to total US$71-billion for 2024.
Alliance offers a simple, fast and convenient experience for consumers to buy groceries online, with orders being delivered within an hour.
Consumer must feel that buying the product will somehow elevate them so that they sit more squarely alongside the influencer they follow.
What are the key things that people consider before buying online? Researchers find that the computer mouse holds important clues.
Bon Marché has typically confined itself to the affluent suburbs of Zimbabwe’s capital. Now it has opened in Marondera in Mashonaland East,
As rugby fans liken the SA national team’s alternative kit to the Checkers Sixty60 e-commerce platform, the brand seizes the opportunity.
Sports apparel company renews an old partnership with Newcastle United as it further cements its presence in top soccer competitions.
Interactive Advertising Bureau study finds internet advertising has reached a new high of 34% of the overall SA advertising market.
Toyota marketing veteran takes over the reins as the automobile industry gets to grips with a range of new challenges.
By excluding innovative platforms and the content that circulates on them, B2B marketers could be missing out on opportunities.