Customer experience expert gives her take on how it all went wrong for the once-powerful global company that lost its brand values.
Malawi marketers gather to discuss strategies for creating excellence
By our News Team | 2022
Lineup of local and international speakers will address delegates on the theme ‘From Surviving to Thriving: Scaling Towards Excellence’.
The annual conference of the Institute of Marketing in Malawi gets underway on Wednesday (26 October) at the Sunbird Livingstonia Beach hotel on the Salima shores of Lake Malawi. It continues until 29 October.
The event follows on the heels of the African Marketing Confederation’s Inaugural Marketing Conference 2022, which concluded on 22 October at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Malawi’s marketing body is a member of the AMC.
Image by Florian Pircher from Pixabay
‘From Surviving to Thriving: Scaling Towards Excellence’ is the theme of this year’s Malawi conference. A strong lineup of local and international speakers will address delegates, and the conference includes the Madolo 2022 Marketing Excellence Awards.
In the star-studded speaker lineup:
- Edith Jaya, Group CEO of Old Mutual in Malawi. She will speak on ‘Building a Financially Secure Future’.
- Helen McIntee, co-founder and President of the African Marketing Confederation, on the topic ‘The Marketing Agenda in Africa: Effective Marketing for Continental Transformation’.
- Levie Nkunika, Head of Marketing and Communication at FDH Financial Holdings Limited. He will address delegates on ‘Excelling Through Responsible Leadership’.
- Lekani Katandula, Managing Director of Illovo Malawi Plc. His topic is ‘Crunching the Numbers: The Role of Marketing in Building Financially Viable Enterprises’.
- Dumisani Lingani Ncube, Radical Entrepreneur at DNL Empire, on the subject ‘Thriving Beyond Your Imagination; A Personal Account’.
- Gertrude Mateyo, CEO of Precious Medical Insurance. She will speak on ‘The Productivity Box: Mental Health and Work Success’.
- Paul Bailey, Director of Strategy at Halo. He will address delegates on ‘Commercial Creativity: Much More Than Advertising’.
- Ndela Sichizya, Marketing and Communications Manager for Absa Bank Zambia Plc. His topic is ‘Creating Effective Brand Strategies that Enhance Customer Value’.
The hosts for the conference are Hillary Ngwira and Stella Gadi, while the Marketing Excellence Awards hosts are Alfred Kanjere and Chawa Mphande.
Continent set to outpace projected global average and be the second-fastest-growing region after Asia, says macro-economic report.
Gathering is for the growing number of OOH entrepreneurs in Africa who are pioneering new ways to reach increasingly affluent audiences.
At least four global conglomerates have announced they are exiting the country. There are concerns that more may follow.
Youth agency discusses key marketing trends that will resonate with Generation Z consumers in an authentic and impactful way.
Two industry bodies team up to establish clear and consistent definitions and measurement guidelines for ads in Augmented Reality campaigns.
Study emphasises the impact of nostalgia on consumer behaviour, and how typography in ads and marketing material is a key influencer.
News reports say 14 infringement notices are being issued to organisations for contravening consumer-protection laws.
Brands will need to understand and tap into culture in a more nuanced and empathetic way than ever before, says Ogilvy.
This year’s conference and awards dinner takes place at Victoria Falls in May, under the theme ‘Elevate-Innovate-Thrive’.
Kalu has been with the agency since 2016 and brings a wide range of experience and professional expertise to his new role.