An increase in fake reviews and false information, as well as flouting of consumer protection laws, are all possible results of the AI boom.
A.M.C. MARKETING CONFERENCE
Inaugural AMC Conference discusses reshaping Africa’s business future
By our News Team | 2022
Photo credit: Elephant Hills Hotel, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
This year’s theme is ‘The Astute Marketer: Reshaping the Future of Business in Africa’. At the backbone of this topic is the recognition that African marketers, like those globally are needing to adapt to the many changes resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic and this AMC Conference is an ideal platform for like-minded professionals to meet and share expertise and knowledge.
“Our chosen theme also recognises this bright new era as it reflects the growing importance of the African continent on the international economic stage and the urgent need to review and reshape the pre-Covid dynamic,” says AMC President, Helen McIntee.
Reconnecting, garnering insights and changing the narrative
“This conference is about reconnecting, garnering insights and changing the narrative. It is a not-to-be-missed event for all marketers who wish to network, upskill and share with like-minded marketing professionals.”
AMC Secretary General and MAZ Executive Secretary, Gillian Rusike, says the gathering is an important development in the history of Zimbabwe and he encourages all stakeholders to ensure their marketing personnel are part of the conference.
He is confident that this pan-Africa gathering will also be a feather in the cap of ‘Brand Zimbabwe’.
The conference will be officially opened tomorrow (20 October) by the Honourable Monica Mutsvangwa, Zimbabwe’s Minister of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services who is also the Patron of MAZ. In a pre-conference statement, she said the government was delighted that bringing the Inaugural AMC Marketing Conference 2022 to Zimbabwe would support the Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) Industry initiative being driven by the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA).
The conference boasts a lineup of highly experienced and knowledgeable speakers. Among them:
- Dr Lance Shingai Mambondiani (Zimbabwe). Keynote Speaker and Managing Director & CEO of BancABC Zimbabwe. Dr Mambondiani is a renowned digital banking thought leader and seasoned banker. He is a much sought-after speaker at international conferences as a global expert on fintech, digitisation and the transformation of banks.
- Matthew van der Valk (South Africa). Executive Creative Director of VMLY& R South Africa. He will be focusing on the Emergence of Dark Marketing.
- Alex Goma (Nigeria). Senior Adviser to Grand Cereals Limited, Nigeria and the company’s former Managing Director. His topic is Creativity Thinking: Bringing the Sizzle Back in Marketing Campaigns.
- Matongo Matamwandi (Zambia). Interim Vice Chancellor of Kenneth Kaunda Metropolitan University and Past President of the Zambia Institute of Marketing. This presentation will focus on Culture as the New Marketing Currency.
- Robert Ebo Hinson (Ghana). Pro-Vice Chancellor of the Ghana Communication Technology University. He will be discussing The Route to Market in Emerging Markets: Designs and Enablers of Developing a Supply Chain Route-to-Market Strategy.
- Lucia Musau (Kenya). Communications consultant and CEO of African Elite Group Ltd. Her topic is Integration of e-Commerce Activities in Marketing Strategy: Key Success Factors in Africa.
For further information, visit the dedicated conference website: https://amcmarketingconference22.com/
As tougher times bite, only 10% of CMOs believe their marketing investments will enable them to emerge better off than their competitors.
On-the-Go stores will extend the brand and be located on TotalEnergies service station forecourts to cater to motorists and busy consumers.
The social media platform’s ad revenue is up 25.8% year-on-year and is forecast to total US$71-billion for 2024.
Alliance offers a simple, fast and convenient experience for consumers to buy groceries online, with orders being delivered within an hour.
Consumer must feel that buying the product will somehow elevate them so that they sit more squarely alongside the influencer they follow.
What are the key things that people consider before buying online? Researchers find that the computer mouse holds important clues.
Bon Marché has typically confined itself to the affluent suburbs of Zimbabwe’s capital. Now it has opened in Marondera in Mashonaland East,
As rugby fans liken the SA national team’s alternative kit to the Checkers Sixty60 e-commerce platform, the brand seizes the opportunity.
Sports apparel company renews an old partnership with Newcastle United as it further cements its presence in top soccer competitions.
Interactive Advertising Bureau study finds internet advertising has reached a new high of 34% of the overall SA advertising market.