An increase in fake reviews and false information, as well as flouting of consumer protection laws, are all possible results of the AI boom.
Audiences now spend an average of only 10 seconds reading an email
By our News Team | 2021
New study gives an overview of the ever-decreasing average time that consumers spent reading an email between 2011 and 2021.
The time spent reading an email has fallen 15% to just 10 seconds over the past year. Email marketing campaigns, therefore, have an even shorter amount of time to engage their audience. This is according to data from email marketing company Litmus.
The 10 seconds average seen this year is down 15% from 2020’s average and is 25% shorter than in 2018.
Email marketing has grown in importance for many brands as a valuable way to reach, target and personalise communication in the absence of third-party data. It is also a cost-efficient way of enhancing first-party data.
Consumers are most likely to engage with an email if they recognise the brand, the email is relevant, or discounts are included, the Litmus study found.
Yes, email marketing is still important
Photo by Brett Jordan @ Unsplash
But, as other digital marketing strategies have evolved, a question that keeps coming up is: “is email marketing still important?”
Creating a strong email marketing strategy helps you reach and connect with your target audience. It is a personalised tool and can increase sales at an affordable cost, Litmus claims.
According to the company, email marketing can help your business in nine ways:
- Stay in contact with your audience: Consumers can check their email when it is convenient for them.
- Reach customers in real time: According to Litmus, 54% of all emails were opened on a mobile device.
- People engage with emails: Emails have been around over 40 years, and fast became one of our main choices of communication. Over 25% of sales last year were attributed to email marketing.
- Email marketing is easy to measure: Most email marketing tools offer the ability to track what happens after you have sent out your email campaign.
- It’s affordable: The cost per (possible) conversion is low with email marketing.
- Allows for targeted messaging: Potential customers are at different stages of the buying cycle. Customers need information to move them to the next buying cycle stage.
- Increase brand awareness: Possessing a customer or prospect’s email address means one thing: they showed a level of interest in your business.
- Everyone (almost) uses email: A Hubspot survey states that 91% of consumers use email.
As tougher times bite, only 10% of CMOs believe their marketing investments will enable them to emerge better off than their competitors.
On-the-Go stores will extend the brand and be located on TotalEnergies service station forecourts to cater to motorists and busy consumers.
The social media platform’s ad revenue is up 25.8% year-on-year and is forecast to total US$71-billion for 2024.
Alliance offers a simple, fast and convenient experience for consumers to buy groceries online, with orders being delivered within an hour.
Consumer must feel that buying the product will somehow elevate them so that they sit more squarely alongside the influencer they follow.
What are the key things that people consider before buying online? Researchers find that the computer mouse holds important clues.
Bon Marché has typically confined itself to the affluent suburbs of Zimbabwe’s capital. Now it has opened in Marondera in Mashonaland East,
As rugby fans liken the SA national team’s alternative kit to the Checkers Sixty60 e-commerce platform, the brand seizes the opportunity.
Sports apparel company renews an old partnership with Newcastle United as it further cements its presence in top soccer competitions.
Interactive Advertising Bureau study finds internet advertising has reached a new high of 34% of the overall SA advertising market.