Want to reach a millennial? Use a rewarded ad
By our News Team | 2021
Millennials are using their mobile phones more than ever and rewarded ads are overwhelmingly their favourite type of mobile ad.
Mobile advertising, market research and app-monetisation solutions are driving growth while rewarding mobile users. Now that’s a win-win.
Two thirds (64%) of Millennials in the US report spending more time on their mobiles over the past year. This comes as the pandemic drove them to use their devices for everything from gaming to shopping and entertainment A report from mobile advertising and app-monetisation business Tapjoy was based on a survey of 5,000 Millennial consumers.
Tapjoy is seeking to revolutionise the mobile advertising and app-monetisation industry. It works with advertisers to help them reach their ideal mobile audience through rewarded video ads and its offerwall. An offerwall is a proven way to monetise mobile apps’ non-spending users by rewarding them for engaging with ads on their own terms. It works with publishers to help them acquire new users and monetise their mobile apps.
What do Tapjoy’s findings say about Millennials?
Photo by Kaysha @ Unsplash
- Eighty-six percent use their smartphones for gaming, far more than those who play games on consoles/handhelds (37%) and PCs (27%). The ongoing pandemic intensified these habits.
- Nearly three-quarters played more mobile games as a result of the pandemic. And 59% downloaded new gaming apps. In addition, 60% said they plan to continue playing more mobile games.
- Over half shopped more on mobile over the last year and plan to continue, with entertainment, to-go food, apparel and beauty/hygiene among their top shopping categories.
- Millennials overwhelmingly prefer shopping on mobile to desktop and brick-and-mortar shops. In fact, 80% say they make mobile purchases often, while 73% shop on mobile one to four times a week.
- Fifty-eight percent said they prefer rewarded ads over other types, compared to banner ads (12%) and social media ads (10%).
- Sixty-three percent say they enjoy using offerwalls and their number one reason for making purchases through mobile ads is to receive in-game rewards. They’re most likely to engage with surveys, though they also like videos and free trials.